Feb 3, 2010

Pictures From Around the Farm......



These first few pictures are of the new property.


A view down the bottom side of the property.

From a top of the first rise looking up.

Now looking down from the top of the line before the woods.

Down the old railroad bed that runs along the base of the proerty.

Wade looking at the pond wondering where to start with the clean up.

Now for the Lamb:  Look at this BlackFace momma nursing two white face lambs that are not hers.  She has turned into a buffet after weaning her own lamb.

We are just too cute running around in the snow.

Me and Mom just chowing down!

Look how sweet this little guy is!

Holly with ince in the sun.  I can take pictures that are not of animals sometimes.

An Old Gate
PrincessFuzzy

Sadie The Mule
The Rake.


I hope that everyone had a good yime looking at the pictures and getting to see what the view is from my backyard!  Stop by and chat if you can!

5 comments:

Chicken Boys said...

I did have a goood yime! A couple of things....
First, to start with in the clean up, you need to get rid of all that snow!
Second, that momma nursing the lambs that aren't hers...she looks a little scrappy. Is that normal? Just wondering.

You have a lovely farm. Hope to have something like it of my own someday!
~Randy

crochet lady said...

Great pictures of you new property and farm! Love the sloping hills.

Simply Me said...

As far as that rattie old wool on that momma, she is preety run down. Her baby is 8 weeks old and these two have decided that she is a good source for extra milk. She is going to be dried off and put up for a few weeks to fatten up. I did not sheer these girls before lambing because it had been so cold and they tend to bunch up in the barn when they don't have much wool. I just can't believe that she is really letting them nurse. Black sheep never take orphanes, well except this one. She is a hum dinger.

Paula said...

The new property look beautiful, Amy! (Although I hope the snow is gone by now... I didn't think ours was ever going to melt!)
Just look at those lambs... I want to squeeze them all!

Leaon Mary said...

I have absolutely LOVELOVELOVED my visit here! I'm SOOOO HAPPY to meet you... and just love this! Your pictures are awesome as are your wooly friends! Love the pic of the rr between the trees? I'd have me a picnic righ there! lol

The snow is beautiful but bet it's gettin really OLD huh? I know what you mean about hauling water to everyone. THAT STINKS. I hate doing that. It's messy, and I always splash it on me then freeze before chores are done. SPRING IS COMING... just keep sayin it! COZ IT IS!

I look forward to getting to know you better. I love your farm... and you're blogs awesome. I wish I could hug every one of your lil lambs!
Okay, I'm gonna go a few blogposts back and start getting better acquainted!
Blessings my new friend!
Holykisses
Lea
my word verification is PRODD as in... cattle prod? lol