Dec 18, 2009

Blessings beyond compair!


Saturday, a week ago, my 15 year old and her best friend compeated in the Eastern Region 4-H Market Hog Show.  These girls, yes girl, have been raising a show hog since early September.  They have bben feeding, grooming, and training their pigs to compeat at the regional show.  Both girls, I am proud to say, have done very well.  Emily placed forth in her weight class, pigs 165 - 175, and Jessica, her buddy, placed 2nd in her weight class, 200 -209.  These girls did great. Next they will be of to state to try their hand in that competion.  With both pigs needing to reach at least 250 pounds we will be feeding them constantly!  I will post pictures as soon as I get them.  it was too cold to take them with the cell phone.
As you can see construction on the barn is slow but steady!  This has been consuming most of our spare time as we are making sure that all of the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed!  I do have to say the builders are very nice and have not made to big of a mud hole in my yard.  The tin is on the roof now and I will need to take a picture of that to show you all.


We had on of the best suprises ever when returning form the hog show saturday! One of the first timer ewe's gave birth to a precious baby girl!   She is solid black and just a jewel!  I can't wait for you to see her!  Those log floppy ears and big brown eyes!  Momma sure did a good job!  I am always nervous when fisrt timers have babies!  She did it all on her own and man what a big girl!

2 comments:

Chicken Boys said...

Paula over at the Fraker Farm just had a little black lamb, too. I commented that I want a little blcak lamb of my own. She's adorable!!
~Randy

Nancy M. said...

I'm happy to hear they did great in the show! Congratulations on the new baby!